Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wed. July 13

The good news from the last time I wrote is that his voice is getting stronger, he's carrying conversations with visitors and he's eating more. Yesterday, the doctors lifted the thicken liquids to normal liquids as long as someone is present. He drank a lot of water and milk and was very, very happy. The thicken liquids are just awful!
It's getting easier to transfer him from bed to chair. Keep in mind, as soon as he can transfer himself from bed to chair without any assistance, he goes home. He's working very hard to accomplish this because he starting to dislike the hospital.
He asked that I bring in my laptop yesterday so he could check his bank account. I brought it in only to find out, he couldn't remember his pin. Let's see what a week does for his memory. I'll try again next week.
I'm going to take some more photos of him in rehab to send out. I'll let you know when some are available for emailing.
I'm heading out to Los Angeles today for business, returning on Sunday. I'll be happy to report all new progress upon my arrival. Should any significant news come up while I'm away, I'll be sure to write it in. Otherwise, you'll hear about dad on Monday.
Thanks again for all of your continued thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

  1. I guess I just assumed that the thickened liquids were much like a milk shake with added vitamins. Guess that's not the best of descriptions. Milkshakes will never quite taste the same.

    Nothing gets a man moving forward faster than managing his own accounts and taking control of the remote. Joel will be home, and managing his kingdom sooner now that his pin # is just within reach. Love to all, Sam

    ReplyDelete