Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday July 22

We have decided to hold off on visitation for this weekend. We would like for him to rest and sleep as much as possible.  The doctors don't know why his vocal volume has diminished. He's back to mouthing words and speaking at a very low volume. Although he has vision in his left eye, he has no control of movement to the eye nor eye lid.  His therapy sessions are still going strong and his legs have gotten a little stronger. I'm happy to report that movement to his right hand and leg has improved exceptionally well since his arrival and he tries to use his right hand during his meals. Knowing that depression can set in during these circumstances, I ask him if he felt depressed and his response was no but disappointed for the fact he can't open his left eye and can't move his right side like he use to. I explained that time and therapy will heal his right side and only time will determine what happens to his eye. I also mentioned that he'd be going home soon. He said that he can't wait! I will try my best to keep a daily blog of his progress for next week because we believe it a matter of only another week or so before they send him home. Our goal, once again, is to have him on the golf course in November. This is a goal he's thinking about and working for while in therapy.

1 comment:

  1. Good thinking, David. Through the years I would lend Mr. Valdez books that I had read and he would always really like them. Think about letting me give you some of them on CD that you could play for him, especially ones that he has read before might pique his interest. Give you mom our love and trust that we continue our prayers for all of you. Gloria & Teddy

    ReplyDelete