Friday, July 29, 2011

Friday July 29

I walked in this morning to wake him for breakfast and found him asleep on his right side. Some pillows were on the ground and parts of his covers were tangled around his legs. Before I woke him, I sat there looking at him and thanking God for giving me such a beautiful, special, and wonderful father. I thanked the Lord for giving our family such a special person. I also thanked the Lord for giving both Lisa and I, such an incredibly beautiful, strong mother.  I could tell he was dreaming hard because of the REM sleep. I just hoped he was dreaming beautiful dreams and nothing that has to do with work. There have been several instances where he has awakened only to say something strange. Yesterday he woke up telling mom that he had to go to City Hall. Some of you may be cheering after hearing this but I assure you, it was only a dream. He asked me the other day if I had walked around the 5th hole. And there was another time when he told mom that he had a report that was due. It's been a long 10 week journey and he's slowly coming around. His right hand and leg are getting stronger. He's now able to stand and hold his weight on the left leg, of course with the assistance of two therapist at his sides. He's raising his right leg about a foot during exercises.
The doctors scoped him this week to see if there was any damage to his vocal cords; all negative. It still goes in and out but we now know, it's just a matter of time before he regains his full voice. We're all very happy with dad's progress so far. He's a fighter!
I believe we're ready to close this chapter in his life and waiting to hear from his doctors what his new chapter will be starting next week. We're so happy many of you take the time to keep up with this blog. This truly shows the amount of love all of you have for him and he could not have gotten this far without this support, love and prayers.  Mom, Lisa, Karen, Randy, Ryan, Kevin, Joel, Katrina, Andrew, and I thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers. I will keep all of you posted with what happens next. It's just a matter of time before you'll see JV walking the halls, hugging, kissing and smiling at all of you. He's on the wide road to recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment