Saturday, August 6, 2011

Saturday Aug 6th

He's been home for 1 week and although very happy to be home, all of us are trying to get adjusted to a new  workload schedule.  We appreciate all of the emails, cards and food people have brought. The soups, chickens and tamales have been very delicious. This has helped mom out tremendously. As far as dad's concerned, he seems to be tired all of the time and his voice volume is still low. His left eye lid is still not opening. He is slowly building muscle strength in both left leg and right arm and can support his weight on his left leg while standing. He tries to read the newspaper every morning and tunes into the local news throughout the day. His spirits are high and his determination is so incredible.
My mom is incredibly strong willed and loving. She has phenomenal endurance and just can't sit still. Bless her heart! Lisa use to work for a physical therapist way back when and is enjoying applying her old skills to dad. She's a work horse minus the whip! I think she's working him harder than they did at St. Mary's. Little did he know, she'd be working him so hard. He's probably wishing he was back there. I'm blessed to have a mother and sister so strong and a family that's so loving.

1 comment:

  1. Dear David and famly-I have been reading your blog about my "Papi" with great anticipation. I work as a Therapist at the largest VA in the country here in Tampa. I am more than happy to come and help you and your Mother for a few days if that would help you. Just let me know and I will arrange my schedule to fly out. I am the infamous "Huera" that worked with Ruben Mendoza at ICMA. I had a great visit with your parents in Austin last May. Please let me know if I can be of assistance and please give your Mother my love and my prayers.
    Therese Odell

    ReplyDelete